Lately my email box is crammed with requests for class schedules. Here is an update of what I’m teaching, and which classes have openings for new students. For any questions, a syllabus, or other information please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Advanced odu lectures, 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
2. Advanced odu lectures, 9:00 PM to 10:30 PM
Every week these two classes focus on one odu of the diloggún. It is an open-door, revolving class. This means new students can join at any time. The prerequisites for this class include: have ocha made (must be verifiable) and Basic Diloggún Divination. There is no substitute for having your asiento done; however, if you are already a student of odu and have a basic proficiency in casting diloggún, you may challenge this class. You may join at any time: currently we are working through the composites of Ogundá and when those are completed, we move into the composites of Ofún. For more information, please write to me at email@example.com
1. Basic Diloggún Divination, 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM [closed to new registrants]
2. Basic Diloggún Divination, 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM [beings June 30th, open to new registrants]
This is a six month course teaching the skill of casting diloggún, and the art of interpretation using what many refer to as the “tonti” system of interpretation. The 12 basic olodu are taught in this class, along with appropriate modes of interpretation. In chronological order, we cover Okana (1) through Ejila Shebora (12). Two textbooks are required: “The Diloggún” and “Osogbo, Speaking to the Spirits of Misfortune”. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a syllabus and more information.
1. An Introduction to the Lucumí Faith, 9:00 to 10:30 PM [closed to new registrants]
This course is designed for aleyos and aborishas. It is an introduction to the Lucumí faith. Think “catechism” for new orisha worshippers. It explores the history, lore, orishas, and responsibilities of the laity in this faith. This class will be repeated in the future; please email me at email@example.com to be put on a waiting list.
1. Ebós for Working the Orishas [open to new registrants] Please email for information.
1. Basic Diloggún Divination, 7:00 to 8:30 PM [closed to new registrants]
2. Advanced Odu Lectures, 9:00 to 10:30 PM [forthcoming] Please see Monday’s offerings. This is a sister class to Monday night classes. Registration will begin soon; please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The derecho for Basic Diloggún Divination is $400.00.
The derecho for Advanced Odu Lectures is $300.00 for 16 weeks.
The derecho for An Introduction to the Lucumí Faith is $100.00